Affirmative Action Planning & Compliance
Is your organization required to have an Affirmative Action Plan?
As a condition of doing business with the federal government, qualifying contractors or subcontractors must have an Affirmative Action Plan (AAP) in place for the purpose of promoting equal employment and improving opportunities for women, minorities, people with disabilities, and veterans. AAPs are not only complex to create and maintain, they are also subject to audit by the Department of Labor’s Office of Federal Contract Compliance Programs (OFCCP) and could results in an organization losing its federal contracts and/or being assessed penalties.
If you are a federal contractor or subcontractor with 50 or more employees and either:
- have a federal government contract worth at least $50,000,
- serve as a depository for government funds in any amount, or
- are a financial institution which is an issuing and paying agent for U.S. Savings Bonds and Savings Notes
- are a bank or credit union that is federally insured under FDIC or NCUA
Your organization may be required to have an AAP
Nevada Association of Employers can help member organizations determine their compliance obligations and assist in preparing and implementing an action-oriented Affirmative Action Plan. Our AAP program is designed to painlessly guide you through the process to ensure that you are in compliance with all applicable federal regulations.
HOW NAE CAN HELP
- Assistance in preparing and implementing an Affirmative Action Plan, including providing data collection and compilation support, and guidance on appropriate EEO designations
- Drafting plan narratives (women, minorities, veterans, and individuals with disabilities) and completing a statistical utilization analysis
- Identifying potential problems and recommending appropriate corrective actions to ensure your organization remains compliant
- Ongoing compliance assistance with preparation of annual plan updates
For more information about our AAP program or for questions regarding your AAP obligations, contact us.
Join Our Mailing List
Sign up here to receive monthly email updates on the latest NAE news, HR issues, special events, training dates and more!